Global High Density Polyethylene Market to Exceed $139 Billion by 2026
DUBLIN, September 5, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The “Global High Density Polyethylene Market Report 2022” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The global high density polyethylene market is expected to grow from $82.23 billion in 2021 for $91.94 billion in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.8%. The market is expected to grow to reach $139.71 billion in 2026 at a CAGR of 11.0%.
The types of high density polyethylene products are PE 63, PE 80, PE 100. PE 63 is medium pressure piping system, irrigation system and drinking water connection. Applications are oil and gas pipelines, agricultural irrigation pipelines, water supply pipelines, sewer pipelines and other applications. End-use industries are packaging, building and construction, agriculture, automotive, and other end-use industries.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the High Density Polyethylene Market in 2021. North America was the second largest region in the high density polyethylene market. Regions covered in the High Density Polyethylene report are Asia Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle Eastand Africa.
The unique set of properties of PE-HD (High Density Polyethylene) such as light weight, impact resistance, flexibility and ability to withstand low temperatures are the most important drivers in the market. These properties have increased the demand for PE-HD in end-user industries such as manufacturing, power, geothermal, marine, mining, landfill, HVAC, gas, oil, l mining and agricultural industry. HDPE pipes are environmentally friendly as they are non-toxic, corrosion and chemical resistant and have a long service life. According to Pipeline & Gas Journal, a large number of oil and gas companies are exploring plastic pipes as an alternative to pipeline transportation to reduce operating expenses because they are corrosion resistant, flexible and lightweight.
The use of competing materials such as polypropylene (PP) threatens the growth of the HDPE market. HDPE is opaque and translucent in nature, while PP, which is amorphous or crystalline in nature, is preferred where transparent packaging is required. Polypropylene is exceptionally resistant to many chemical solvents, bases and acids. It is much less brittle than HDPE. PP is also microwave and dishwasher safe.
Due to its lighter nature, PP is now used in a wide variety of applications including food packaging, textiles, laboratory equipment, automotive components and HDPE. Thus, the HDPE market is negatively impacted by this inter-polymer competition between PP and HDPE. The automotive industry’s demand for thermoplastics can be attributed to the weight reduction revolution. For example, BMW uses thermoplastics for the exterior skin of its newer vehicles such as the I-series. The growing demand for thermoplastic materials has increased the demand for the polypropylene market, thereby driving the market.
Companies involved in the high-density polyethylene (PE-HD) market are investing heavily to increase the durability of PE-HD. Companies strive to use environmentally friendly raw materials while maintaining the quality and safety standards of their products. Following the trend, for example, Chevron Phillips Chemical is one of the world’s leading suppliers of polyethylene. It provides high density (HDPE), medium density (MDPE), low density (LDPE), linear low density (LLDPE), metallocene and masterbatches for a wide range of applications, including pressure pipes, cylinders of soap and detergent, flexible packaging, coatings and laminations, films, etc.
1) By type of product: PE 63; PE 80; PE 100
2) By application: oil and gas pipe; Agricultural irrigation pipe; Water supply pipe; sewage system pipe; Other Apps
3) By end-user industry: packaging; building and construction; Agriculture; Automotive; Other end-use industries
Main topics covered:
2. High Density Polyethylene Market Features
3. High Density Polyethylene Market Trends and Strategies
4. Impact of COVID-19 on high density polyethylene
5. High Density Polyethylene Market Size and Growth
6. High Density Polyethylene Market Segmentation
7. Regional and Country Analysis of High Density Polyethylene Market
8. Asia-Pacific High Density Polyethylene Market
9. China High Density Polyethylene Market
10. India High Density Polyethylene Market
11. Japan High Density Polyethylene Market
12. Australia High Density Polyethylene Market
13. Indonesia High Density Polyethylene Market
14. South Korea High Density Polyethylene Market
15. High Density Polyethylene Market in Western Europe
16. UK High Density Polyethylene Market
17. Germany High Density Polyethylene Market
18. French high density polyethylene market
19. Eastern Europe High Density Polyethylene Market
20. Russian high density polyethylene market
21. North America High Density Polyethylene Market
22. UNITED STATES high density polyethylene market
23. South America High Density Polyethylene Market
24. Brazil High Density Polyethylene Market
25. Middle East High Density Polyethylene Market
26. Africa High Density Polyethylene Market
27. High Density Polyethylene Market Competitive Landscape and Company Profiles
29. Key Mergers and Acquisitions in the High Density Polyethylene Market
29. High Density Polyethylene Market Future Prospects and Potential Analysis
- Asahi Kasei Corp.
- Braskem SA
- Chevron Phillips Chemical Co.
- Dow Chemical Co.
- Exxon Mobil Corp.
- Formosa Plastics Corp.
- LyondellBasell industries SA
- Borealis AG
- PetroChina Company Limited
- Abu Dhabi Polymers Company Ltd.
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/az7kkw
Research and Markets
For EST office hours, call +1-917-300-0470
For USA/CAN call toll free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets